vision and values
My vision is to empower parents, carers and communities to infuse rhythm, ritual and reverence into their days weeks and seasons.
I believe strongly that our unique Family Values should and can inform our daily lives and that living authentically aligned with these values models them for our children.
I value, respect and aim to enhance both our diversity as a community and our common threads through active listening, empathy, understanding and compassion.
I strive to hold a space that is inclusive so that everyone who identifies as a 'parent', regardless of racial identification, ancestry, nationality, native language, socioeconomic background, family structure, age, belief system, gender identity, gender expression, sexual identity, ability, appearance, occupation, and political affiliation feels that they are a valued and essential part of this collective.
I am always open to contributors who share this vision and these values. Please email meagan [at] meaganrosewilson.com to connect.
Meagan Wilson is a parent educator and author of the now-retired seasonal series of Whole Family Rhythms Guides. As a parent coach and educator she has supported hundreds of parents to create a strong family rhythm unique to their own values and culture. Meagan provides resources, support and information to parents who are looking for a bridge to cross between their unique family life and their children’s (often but not always Waldorf-inspired) school.
Education, Certifications and Professional Development
- McGill University, Montreal: BA in International Development Studies, Philosophy and World Religions, 2004.
- Education Canada, Montreal: TESOL Certificate, 2003.
- American Musical and Dramatic Academy, New York City: Certificate in Performing Arts, 2006.
- Samadhi Yoga and Simply Kids Yoga, Sydney: Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Specialty in Kids Yoga, 2007.
- Sydney Rudolf Steiner College, Sydney: Certificate in Foundations of Rudolf Steiner Education, 2012.
- The Center for Social Sustainability, Ashfield: Certificate as a Simplicity Parenting Family Life Coach, 2017.
- Lifeways, Toronto: Workshop- Celebrating Festivals in the Cycle of the Year, 2017.
- The Center for Social Sustainability, Ashfield: Simplicity Parenting for Care Professionals, 2018.
- Rudolf Steiner Center, Toronto: Foundations in Anthroposophy, 2018.
- Rudolf Steiner Center, Toronto: Certification in Waldorf Early Childhood Education, 2020.
- Rooted: Framework and Education for Creating an Antiracist Home, virtual course led by Laleña Garcia.
- Honours Marks in Psychology1010, York University, Toronto: 2021.
Teaching, Coaching and Waldorf Experience
- ESL Teacher, Ehwa Language School, South Korea: 2006.
- ESL Teacher, Milton College, Sydney: 2006-2008
- Founder, Author & Educator, Whole Family Rhythms, 2012- 2020
- Parent Coach & Educator, Whole Family Rhythms/Meagan Rose Wilson, 2017- present.
- Farmsong Parent-and-Child Leader, Bolton: 2019-2020.
- Parent Workshop Facilitator for various Canadian Waldorf Schools on topic "Return to Rhythm", 2019-present.
- Toronto Waldorf School IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) Committee Member, 2019-present
- WECAN Conference Workshop Presenter on the topic of Critical Consciousness in Waldorf Early Childhood Classrooms
- WECAN Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) Committee member, 2020-present