In the Kitchen : Lemonbalm Fruit Salad
One of the first herbs to return in Spring is the lemonbalm. A beautiful and fragrant herb that is wonderful to grow with children because of it’s many health benefits while also being gentle and safe enough to consume in larger quantities with no side effects.
Lemonbalm Fruit Salad
- Banana, strawberries, peaches, apples, oranges, blueberries or any fruit that is seasonal and that your children will love
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped lemonbalm leaves
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Chop all fruits into bite sized pieces
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for one hour. Great on hot summer days!
Note: You can turn this easily into a smoothie by adding almond or coconut milk and blending till smooth in your blender.
This recipe is from the Whole Family Herbs eGuide which contains over forty pages listing 15 child-friendly magical herbs including medicinal uses, history and care along with 15 kid-approved herbal recipes.